Hello Again,

Had a great chat with VE1XL (Dick) in Hillsborough, New Brunswick,
that lasted the better part of an hour.  I copied him on this message
so that I could pass along the two links below for him to use:

We're posting activity on the following sites:

http://www.obriensweb.com/sked

http://www.projectsandparts.com/pactor/

Dick was saying that his operation is a bit "hit 'n miss" so the links
may help him.  KU2A (Nick) picked  him up after we dropped the link.
He then got picked up by K3CXB (Walt) who was having his first PACTOR
contact ever.  He was learning with software based PACTOR I so stayed
FEC I believe.  I'm wondering if he was using MultiPSK since he said he
did have AMTOR ARQ in the package and wanted to try the ARQ.

Anyway, thought I'd pass along the moment to you.  Here's a little
cut 'n paste just to show 'n tell:

CQ CQ CQ de W6IDS W6IDS RICHMOND, IN  EM79NV
CQ CQ CQ de W6IDS W6IDS RICHMOND, IN  EM79NV
CQ CQ CQ de W6IDS W6IDS RICHMOND, IN  EM79NV
CQ CQ CQ de W6IDS W6IDS RICHMOND, IN  EM79NV
HOWARD in RICHMOND, IN  EM79NV at 01:26 UTC K

W6IDS de VE1XL =>
hello. Not too many of us around. Name here is Dick and my QTH is
Hillsborough,
New Brunswick.  BTU OM.

W6IDS de VE1XL =>

VE1XL VE1XL (Dick) DE W6IDS W6IDS

RRRR Dick and nice to see you on the mode.  Yes, you're right.
 There's not a lot of PACTOR I on the air but interest is gaining
more momentum lately.  I think it stems from the DIGITALRADIO
message forum discussions involving andi-Winlink operations,
PMBO stuff, etc.  Your call is anice surprise for sure.

Name is Howard as youmay have noticed.  Location is about
37 miles West of Dayton, OH right on the OH/IN border.

I'm using a PK-232MBX that I've had since 1989 and am giving it
a workout.  Surprised at how much I've had to relearn for not
using it much.

Your rst is S8 S8 with just a little QSB but not bad.  You took
a little dive at 0132Z but hung in there.  Software in use is
the WinXP package and it has seemed to work well.

BTU, let's see how you are doing.......

VE1XL VE1XL DE W6IDS W6IDS K K

W6IDS de VE1XL =>
RR FB Howard and it sure is nnice nice to hear your signal and to meet you.
am a long-time Pactor operator and I manage to snag a few QSO if I listen
long enough.
 I hope you are correct in that maybe all the comotion will stur up more
interest.
 I do find that most of the ot digital sound card modes are very much
inferour..
Spelling.. I have been doing this in Amtor since 1987 and then came Pactor
in the
early 1990s or so and I have been here all along. hi.
I am using an SCS PTC-2e. The radio is a Ten-Tec argonaut V QRP radio to a
small
linear amplifier to only about 50 Watts out to a dipole.  My software is
called
NcWinPTC by PA0NC.  I am familiar with the XP Ware you are using.  A good
program.
FB your QTH and signal port.  You are S-5 to S-6 with noise on the band.
but
this gets through very fine.  I do have Pactor 2 and 3 here also. Nost of
the WinLink
2K stations use the Pactor 2.  BTU before I hog it all on you, Howard.

W6IDS de VE1XL =>

VE1XL VE1XL (Dick) DE W6IDS W6IDS

Tell you what, give me your email address and I'll send you two
links that PACTOR operators are posting their activity.  I'm posted
there now, and just noted that we're connected.

 <SNIP>