In the US, we can send images in 500Hz bandwidth in the cw/data segments
of the band, but if the bandwidth is higher than 500Hz, we must move to
the phone bands.   Andy is trying to foster a set of image operations
down in what works out to be in the US data segment, so if we want to
play, we have to do it in 500Hz.
There was a discusion of OFDM recently here and I thought the upshot was
that the throughput for 500Hz coding using multiple QAM carriers in 500
Hz would result in transfer times too long, so I suggested maybe we try
making the MFSK analog mode more readily available.
The DRM stuff is quite exciting and I hope to try it out sometime, but
for now at least, it will have to be in the image/phone band, where we
then can't do kbd-to-kbd data.

Leigh/WA5ZNU
And no, I don't want to start another debate on the FCC regulations.