You can get a USB to RS-232 serial adaptor that will allow you (if you get two
of them) to have up to 3 Rs-232 serial ports

Dave WB2FTX
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Barry Mertz
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 1:06 PM
  Subject: [digitalradio] Not enough Serial Ports

  Questions: I am using an old IBM with Windows 98 operating system. The
  computer has two usb ports and one DB9 serial port. This is what I want
  to hook up. An MFJ-1275 sound card adapter. I also want to run HAM
  Radio Deluxe and control to radios with the CAT interface. A Yaesu FT-
  920 HF and a FT-847 both is CAT capable.

  I would like to study

  CAT on the 920 & 847 two serial reports required I have one on the
  computer?
  MFJ-1275 to be used on both radios I am thinking a Patch Bay. I will
  move the cables if needed.

  I have allot of items that require a serial port and only one, a switch
  to switch the Items to the one port. Or is there a better way.

  Can someone help the old "Gunny" KC8SXG Barry