Upon reading the RFSM site information, it looks like they are not going
to do further development on RFSM2400 and they indicate that there are
bugs that they corrected when they continued on with development of the
8000 program.

If they are actually able to sell the program to make it worthwhile
enough to them to continue, especially for commercial use, then they may
be able to do OK. But I don't see their product moving forward for ham
use from this point on. It should have engendered some excitement
considering that it was a breakthrough type of product, but I have not
seen any real enthusiasm from hams, even hams outside the U.S. who can
actually use this mode for text data as well as image.

I am surprised that your performance was not that good on VHF where I
would have expected it to do the best.