Hi Andrew
Everyone really should only now use EasyPal instead of Hampal and always the
latest from the KC1CS  site

EasyPal can  work in a sort of ARQ manner if one or all of the stations
has the following options ticked
Under Action --- Use Repeater

To work as a Repeater ONE station should set the program up as a Repeater
Under Repeater ---Activate as a base Repeater

By using this method the station working the Repeater can
send a file to the Repeater - which will automatically ask
for a BSR if required or it will say File ok if it is received correctly

The receiving station can ask for the file to be replayed if required
Any non repeater station can ask for a Directory from the Repeater
listing all the files in the Repeater directory and download the required
file

There is also a facility to Upload Messages/files to the Repeater
directory automatically by clicking Repeater/File is saved to external
"Repeater"
[retick each time]
When this is used the transmitted file will be automatically sent
to the Repeater Folder
Any other station may then download that file -after getting a Directory
from
the Repeater - You can even address that file when uploaded to a specific
station
who can Delete that file after receiving it

It should be understood that MANY stations can take their turn at either
sending files or just pictures to the repeater or downloading files/pictures
from the repeater -
When setup like this there is absolutely no need for anyone to be in
attendance
at the Repeater - it will do it all automatically when queries/requests are
sent by
a remote station

When using EasyPal you should always check to see that you use the
mode which is most suited to the path at the time of the day
A modes generally on very quiet bands VHF ETC
B modes on 20/30 m and above - Sometimes you may get away using slower A
modes
E modes generally on 40m and 80 m
See under Action / Quick select TX mode for recommendations

You should always use the RS encoding system in the program
Encode 1,2,3,4
Select the encode to suit the conditions

There is more that the program is and will be capable of doing but I
hope this will answer some questions posed by some on todays email

VK2DSG  Les