Rick,

the K2 works ok for the wider modes, with the SSB module built in.
I have used it e.g. for MT63 2k, and it worked fine.

You do need the modification which temperature-compensates the vfo.
MFSK16 is no problem with the K2, I have used it succesfully with gMFSK.

I bought the FT897D, which has a very precise VCXO later, because
it has 6 and 2 meters and 70 cm, so I take only one rig in the camper
(more space left for bottles to cool the operator).  I can leave that on
for month and it will stay within 10 Hz at any temp.

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/P

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
http://www.obriensweb.com/sked

Check our other Yahoo Groups....

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional