many thanks for your e mail I shall set to work and get some lines made up .
regards
ken

Message Received: Mar 30 2008, 02:06 AM
From: "Andrew O'Brien"
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: newbie

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "kenneth ferguson"
...> wrote:

> hi everyone I have a couple of questions first one is can I use my ft817
> and two if so how do I connect it for use with wspr mode? ken

Welcome Ken,

Your radio should be ideal for WSPR mode. You will need to establish
a way to get the received signal from your rig to the line in of your
computer's soundcard. To transmit, you will also need to get the tones
created by the software OUT from the PC and in to the rig for
transmission. To achive this, check the circuit at

http://www.k6xx.com/ft817/817afsk.gif

or

http://www.min.at/prinz/oe1rib/CAT/SoundCard.htm

If you do not want to make your own cables and interface, you can buy
an inteface and cables from many different sources. Here is one
example ( http://home.att.net/~n8st/yaesu.html )

Donner's Digital Interface Sales
P. O. Box 158
505 E. Main St.
Hamersville OH 45130
Telephone: 937-379-2517
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

DIG-TXRX Digital Modes TX-RX Interface
model: YAESU FT-817 (6 pin Mini DIN)
40.00 40.00
Total (not including shipping charges and taxes)
$ 40.00

Good luck, Andy K3UK