Dennis,

I am not familiar with the Rascal with CW cables but it sounds like the
CW cable is plugged into the paddle jack instead of the straight key
jack.

I use a Rascal for digital modes with the TS-2000.  But for CW I use a
separate com port with a homebrew interface (transistor, resistor and
diode) connected to the straight key input jack.  I have used cwtype
and MixW for CW with this configuration.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Ed
WB6YTE

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Wyman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> BlankI'm still experimenting with various cw programs and have in the
past used CWType with my Alinco DX77 withgood results.  Currently I am
trying it with my KWTS2000 and having a bit of difficulty.  I'm using
the Buxcomm Rascal MarkVGLX with the cw cables.  When I set the program
up I'm placing the Pitt to none, the key to DTR, the COM-Port selection
to COM-Port (via Windows API) and the COM-Port to COM4 (Which I'm setup
to use).  Placing the rig in the CW mode and pressing the VOX button on
it will only transmit dits.  An example is the word TEST; it will
transmit  dit-dit  dit  dit-dit-dit  dit-dit.  I am using the 1/4 inch
plug.  Using the 1/8 inch plug causes a continuous transmitted signal
without keying the rig, automatically sends a signal.  Does anyone have
any ideas on using this interface for CW.  Maybe the Rascal MarkVGLX
wasn't meant to be used with the KWTS2000.