All,

Received several emails about Digital Voice Over HF after Andy and I sent our
QRV posts. Please see below for a quick guide on how to connect the rig to the
PC sound card(s).

The DV software needs either two sound cards or one card and a USB microphone
headset. A USB sound card will do fine as the #2 card.

Hope this helps...

Tony -K2MO

Voice Input:

This sound card input is used for the microphone. If you only have one sound
card, a USB microphone headset will do. The software sees it as a second
sound card.

RX Input:

This input is used for the incoming audio from the rig to the sound cards
line-in jack.

TX Output:

This is the PC output audio (line out) that carries the DV signal to the
rig.

Voice Output:

This output connects to the PC speakers and will carry the decoded voice output
from the speaker jack on the PC to the speakers.

If you have two sound cards, use the #1 card for the Voice Input / TX Output
and the #2 card for the RX Input / Voice output.

For one soundcard with a USB microphone headset:

Voice Input -------- USB microphone headset
Rx Input ------------ Rig audio to sound cards line-in jack
TX Output ---------  PC audio line out to rig
Voice Output ----- PC speaker out to PC speakers or USB headset