Could be true Chuck. I guess to take it just a step further, we need
to ask Simon to start looking into writing another mode into his
great software to decode/operate the hammers to hit the trees like
the old natives in the jungle do.

Oops, somebody would have to go cut down trees and the "huggers"
ain't going to like that, so I guess the knocking sounds will be
vertically polarized due to striking standing trees.

Oh wait! This even predates CW and was just as effective ..... hmmmmmm
Should we find possible scenarios to justify this mode now too?
HiHiHi

John KE5HAM

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Mayfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Do not laugh.  It could come to pass that we (mankind) will need to
> reinvent spark gap.....Who knows what evil lurks in the minds....
>
> Chuck AA5J
>
> At 02:39 PM 6/1/2008, Jack Hamilton wrote:
>

> >On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 15:07:17 -0400, "Paul L Schmidt, K9PS"
> ><<mailto:k9ps%40arrl.net>[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
NOT
MARS will

> > > That's exactly the correct reading. Another tool for the
toolbox.

> > > Digital modes (ranging in complexity from WL2K and ALE down to
PSK31