On 07/07/08 06:10 pm I wrote:

> I've been attempting for the first time to decode FDMDV signals that
> I've been hearing on and off over the last hour or so on 14.236, but
> everything seems very distorted.
>
> Anybody else experiencing this? Is the fault at the transmitter end, or
> is there some trick I might be missing?

The docs. ver. 1.2 had said to Google for MELP.DLL, and had found a file
MELP_DLL.DLL. When the program complained that it could not find
MELP_1400.DLL, I simply renamed MELP_DLL.DLL to MELP_1400.DLL.

I don't recall now precisely how the ver. 1.3 docs. were worded, but
they led me to search farther afield and find a package containing both
MELP_1400.DLL and MELP_DLL.DLL, which I have now been using with FDMDV
1.2. Much better now.

Alan NV8A