Jose,

Yes, it's interesting to see the effect of the HF simulator. I use VAC to route
the audio so I can see the effect on whatever digital mode I'm using at the
time.

The sensitivity "advantage" MFSK16 has over Olivia 500/16 seems marginal. The
simulator says 2db. I would assume that's difficult to detect with the
ever-changing ionosphere.

I have tried mixing in recordings of QRN with the digital mode audio and it
does seem to work with the simulator. Of course the key is consistency so you'd
want each mode to have the same static. Thanks for offering your QRN file, feel
free to send it.

Yes, I have a copy of Ionos here. I use Pathsim because it has "standard" HF
path simulations on file, but either will work.

Try ZL1BPU for the MFSK16 / Olivia details http://www.qsl.net/zl1bpu/ . Let me
know if you find what you're looking for.

Thanks Jose,

Tony, K2MO
Kings Park, NY