There has been a 'war" of sorts at the former Windrm Google Discussion
group and it no longer exists.  A new one has been formed entitled
digital voice.  Most of the download FDMDV links appear to have a
re-direct to the new Google group.  When you apply to join the group,
you are warned that you are not welcome if you want to discuss "MELP"
.  MELP is a patented codec that works well in WINDRM and FDMDV but
Texas Instruments owns the copyright to plain MELP  and TI ,
Microsoft , and a group of others own the rights to MELPe.  It appears
the FDMDV owner cost miffed about the discussion about the legality of
the software with MELP.

Cesco worked hard on this fine application, it is sad that the
distribution appears to be limited to a USA web site that is
occasionally subjected its self to erratic behavior and on several
occasions has got in to copyright trouble.

Andy K3UK

--
Andy K3UK
www.obriensweb.com