One of the other things I'd do, sooner rather than later, is to remove the
hard drive from that PC, and either install it in another PC (like the ham
shack machine) or in a USB hard drive enclosure, and see if the drive is
recognized at all on the other PC.  If it is, then copy over to the other PC
everything on it that you consider not replaceable, while you can.  The drive
may not be dead, but if it's in any way physically damaged, it's only going to
get worse, never better, and it's demise will probably happen pretty quickly.
If it's actually not damaged, at least you got a backup of the important
stuff, something very few home PC users actually do.

Hope that helps, and 73

Bob, KD7NM