Did they release more than the web site below? The course looks like it
would give a good overview to hams who are newer to digital modes and
are also interested in public service communications and want to see how
these mode could be used. If anyone takes the course, I am sure that
many of us would be interested in their opinion.

It is my view, that it may be even more important for newer hams to know
about a general knowledge of public service communications such as the
structure of various organizations, what equipment they may use, and how
it can work. Most of public service (90% or more) is going to be
tactical phone, and most of that on VHF. There is a move toward moving
away from RF paths and toward internet connections in order to extend
the range of what was formerly more local capabilities of VHF, examples
being Winlink 2000, IRLP, Echolink, D-Star, etc.

I have taken all three of the ARRL ARECC courses when they were
subsidized by a third party, and while I don't necessarily recommend
that you spend the money to do this, if you have not been involved in
amateur radio public service, you might consider Course I. The other
courses tend to repeat and amplify the information in the first course,
especially for those who are interested in becoming leaders in ARES.
Then if you find this valuable, you can give consideration to how you
would employ digital modes with public service communications.
Realistically, it has been a very small part, but maybe that could change?

As much as I have been involved with amateur radio digital modes for
several decades, I have not found much interest in the general ham
community since the packet radio years when almost all active hams were
involved with VHF digital. Now most of the HF digital is PSK31 but there
are not that many who use many of the other technologies. And as we get
more ways of doing more and more digital modes and systems, this tends
to spread the users into thinner participation for any one mode or system.

It is a very different world than even 10 years ago, much less 20 or 30
years ago.

The HFDEC (Hams for Disaster and Emergency Communications) yahoogroup
discusses all aspects of amateur radio public service.