On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Jerry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for the warm welcome Andy.
> I amlooking foreward to getting into PSK31 and would like some advise
> on what tnc/modem that will work with my FT920.
> Thanks Jerry

Jerry, most of the digital modes do not need a TNC/modem in the
traditional hardware  sense.  They use software and your computer's
soundcard.  A hardware TNC is still used to some degree for PACTOR,
RTTY, and Packet but even for those modes there are software options.
For your modern transceiver, all you will need is the ability to
connect and interface your radio to your computer.  Most people either
buy or build their own "interface" , they vary in price and bells and
whistles from the basic (but functional)
http://www.g4zlp.co.uk/unified/YaesuCAT.shtml  or
http://home.att.net/~n8st/yaesu.html  or the higher end
http://www.microham.com/index1.html  or
http://www.tigertronics.com/   or http://www.usinterface.com/  or
http://www.westmountainradio.com/RIGblaster.htm

For software, the usual options are Winwarbler (PSK31 and RTTY), DM780
(lots of modes) , FL-DIGI (lots of modes, Windows or Linux)  or
Multipsk (lots of modes) all available free over the Internet and
their authors frequent this list (plus have their own on-line support
groups)

Andy