Having experienced something like this last year, a fried eggs
sizzling noise I tried many recommendations. BTW, our utilities are
underground. Eliminate your house as the source of the problem by
running your rig from a battery and shut off the house circuit
breakers, everything.  Don't overlook a bad PC UPS and poor wall wart
power supplies.

Ok, maybe the noise is not in your house, now put your hiking boots on
and walk the neighborhood with headphones, a FT817 and whip antenna.
Someone told me that AM on 138Mhz was best for finding noise, I cannot
be sure of that but I sure did find a lot of weird stuff, houses
making buzzing noises, street intersections with screeching noises
.... It actually became very interesting and confusing.  I put many
nights into walking the neighborhood and beyond since none of the
noises I heard to date traveled very far.  Suddenly the noise at my
rig went away and never returned. I can only imagine it was a
neighbors electric blanket or fish tank heater ... or maybe something
caught fire and burnt itself out.  Anyway, I won't miss poking at
around houses with the whip to seek out electrical noises.  Bill k6acj

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, w4lde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If this question is inappropriate for the reflector I apologize but as
> of last Friday I started to experience significant noise (S-9) on all
> bands from 160 through 15M with the lower frequencies much stronger.  I
> thought that it was due to power line noise but it appears to be
> intermittent in that it completely disappeared last Friday evening but
> once again showed up last Saturday and stayed this way.  On the
Ft1000mp