On 09-23, Stephen Van Berg wrote:
> Your best bet is to run as root
> #cpan install Gtk2
>

> Answer yes for all dependencies
> Let me know if this does not work. I am running slack 12.1 and can try
> to reproduce.
>
> -stephen

        Greetings and thank you.. Cpan came to the rescue as far as
getting everything working but I have another problem in that I can't
use fldigi3.0 or 3.02 or 3.03 and PSKMail1.0..

        Rather than a long winded detail--two days of trying--can you
tell me if you are running from Slackware12.1 KDE or Gnome Desktop??
/or/ are you running from an Xterm?? I don't have either Desktop on the
subject machine.. If you are running from Xterm can you quote the exact
invocation you use to start the two programs?? I've tried a bazillion
combinations to no avail.. BTW.. FLDigi3.0 or 3.02 or 3.03 all work fine
by themselves, the npa binaries of 3.02 or 3.03..

--

        Vy 73 de Hal--W8MCH    UNIX-GNU/Linux - Slackware 11.0, 2.4.33.3
.