I have NO clue about this but... Simon Brown shared some interesting
findings about his experience  in programming Olivia in to DM780.
Some of the  existing applications that have  Olivia in them did not
entirely implement Olivia in a manner than Simon thought was
consistent with Pavel's original specifications.  So, I take from this
,and now Tony's findings, that unlike PSK31 that mostly utilize the
same 'core", other modes my well require comparison tests to determine
which is consistently "better".  Simon's observation were just casual
comments to me in a private Skype call one day, so I will not give
further details.

Andy K3UK