Mike,

I got to thinking about this and wonder if the 746 uses the same "D"
mode (data mode) as my 746 Pro and the 756 Pro series that I am more
familiar with. You probably know this if you were using it a week ago,
but just in case, I thought I might at least mention that:

If you are using the 6 pin mini DIN connection you must go into this
mode or there will be no transmission. I am not sure about other jacks
on the 746, but on my 756 Pro rigs(that don't have the 6 pin mini DIN)
you can transmit but without certain parameters set appropriately for
digital modes (namely, not setting the slower tuning, no mike input, and
cutting off of any compression in the mike circuit).

To go into D mode, you of course press the SSB button and hold for one
second in which ever sideband you wish to transmit on. A small "D" shows
in to the left of the USB or LSB when in data mode. To leave data mode,
momentarily press the SSB button.

I have actually forgotten to do this and could not understand why the
746 Pro was no longer operating when I was sending data from the computer.