--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien" <k3uka...@...>
wrote:

> Since I have had the group as a Yahoo Group for 8 years, I thought I
> would try something a little more modern.  Thus, I have now created a
> digitalradio Facebook group.  I am not sure how useful this might be,
> if some of our members are Facebook savvy , they may have innovative
> ideas.
>
> Log in to Facebook and search for digitalradio under groups or

> Andy K3UK

Andy, I'm not convinced at all that this is a good idea.  I hate to
sound naggish and I do applaud you efforts with the good of the group
in mind, but I've had a raft of bad experiences with "Join
Facebooke," "Invite a friend," and other Facebook social amenities and
invitations clogging my inbox and interweaving itself among
other "groups."  Classmates.com was all I ever needed and now
everybody's jumping in the mix and my address has become shared allover
with people I've never heard of or want to know!  Could we not do this
please?