>> Over the past couple of weeks I have been testing a SCS PTC2 usb
> modem with
>> a pactor3 license, and have come away amazed and humbled by what
> this thing
>> can do.
>
> Thanks for sharing this John. Since I have only a passing interest in
> emcomms, how is a SCS PTC2 with P3 for just basic ham communications?

It'll be interesting to see what external hooks, if any, will be
present with Winmor.  With the SCS TNC's we can do UUCP (basic Linux)
or even TCP communications on HF.

I'm doing a bit of dreaming about the next significant radio toy.  SCS
TNC or ID1?    I think there's far more ham opportunities with a P3
TNC -- specially now that JNOS supports the hardware.

73
Bill - WA7NWP