--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien" <k3uka...@...> wrote:

> --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Mel" <Gzerogqk@> wrote:
> >
> > I remember reading about PSK in QRZ, which I could afford in those days. As
> > a user of PacTOR I was quite excited about this, so later in the year when
> > I visited the amateur radio show in the UK known as the Leicester Rally I
> > intended to gain some information and buy an opto coupler. I walked all
> > round, asked at various stands about buying a PSK opto coupler and all I
> > got was " What's PSK?" The designer of PSK was unknown to those in Britain.
> >
> > Kind regards, Mel G0GQK
> >

> Well Mel, I would say that is typical of those in the Midlands , since Peter
> was , I think, living 4 miles from my  UK home in those days.  He lives in a
> small village in Cumbria,  You know that those in the  south and midlands
> think it is nothing but sheep north of Lancaster.  G3PLX also co-invented
> AMTOR

I think he is still there ? latest project is a software defined tx/rx ,I have
spoked with him on 80 and the tx/rx sounded very good

His beacon software is in use on 5 megs
http://www.rsgb-spectrumforum.org.uk/5mhz%20beacons.htm

and at the moment , Andy G4JNT is running a slimmed down version of the beacon
on 500 Khz

http://groups.google.com/group/uk500khz/web/multi-function-beacon-by-andy-g4jnt

G ..