QRV - 14108.0 USB

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony" <d...@optonline.net>
To: <digitalradio@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:14 PM
Subject: Contestia / MT63 Skeds pse

All,

Would like to run a few tests with Contestia (16/1K) and MT63 (1K) this
evening. The goal is to see if sensitivity simulations compare well with
on-air testing. Contestia should have an advantage since the peak-to-average
output is much better. Not sure about it's QRM resistance.

The MT63 mode is somewhat faster in terms of characters-per-minute, but it
also has quite a bit of latency that adds to the total TX/RX turn around
time.

I tested both using a 100 word Pangram and found that MT63-1K (long
interleave) took 50 seconds to finish the text and 61 seconds to complete.
Contestia-16/1K took 64 seconds. The 8/1K Constestia mode took 43 seconds.

Should be interesting to see how these modes compare. Not exactly lighting
speed and not much call for this other than those who prefer high-speed
chatting, but I think it's useful information nonetheless. I'll be QRV this
evening - March 25/26. Skeds welcome....

Tony -K2MO