From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:digitalra...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Andy obrien
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2009 11:41 AM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Cc: micro...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] FLDIGI with a Icom706MKII no PTT

He is using the Icom 706MKII with a Microham Digikeyer , would not
this provide the ability to PTT via FLDIGI and the 706 ?  Perhaps
FLDIGI would need to comm ports to configure, one for rig control and
another for PTT.  Perhaps by NOT clicking the USE RIGCAT option the
Digikey would do the PTT.  PTT IS achieved by pressing the "test"
button in the Microham device router , so software control of PTT for
the 706MKII can be achieved.

Andy K3UK

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 10:32 AM, kh6ty <kh...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Rick's right, Andy. You can use the SignaLink +, or SignaLink USB, or
> build your own interface.
>
> If you want to build an interface, here is a link to one that does not use
> the serial port or USB port, but is powered from the IC-706 mic jack:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~kh6ty/interface/
>
> I have made a few commercial-quality circuit boards available as stated on
> the web page.
> 73, Skip KH6TY
> http://kh6ty.home.comcast.net

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Pages at
http://www.obriensweb.com/sked

Recommended digital mode software:  Winwarbler, FLDIGI, DM780, or Multipsk
Logging Software:  DXKeeper or Ham Radio Deluxe.