To send a smiling face 8-) , you just send a number eight, followed by a
dash and a closing parenthesis sign.

The roots are in the newsgroups mails, more than 15 years ago, before
anyone had the idea to translate the literal signs (emoticons) into
yellow smiling faces and such (seems those came with the generalized use
of Win95 and GUI's)... some software is "parsing" those signs into
yellow little faces.

The keyboard chatter is so flat that someone had the idea to add some
"salt and pepper" to it, and express feelings in a "compact way"
(happiness, sadness, anger, etc)

73,
Jose, CO2JA

Andrew O'Brien wrote:
> --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, John Netro <n9...@...> wrote:
>> I am talking about this kind of faces
>>

> Same thing.  Someone sends :) with PSK31 and your software substitutes a
> smiley face.
>
> Check your PSK31 sofware's folders and you will see all the icons in a folder.
>
> Andy

VI Conferencia Internacional de Energía Renovable, Ahorro de Energía y
Educación Energética
9 - 12 de Junio 2009, Palacio de las Convenciones
...Por una cultura energética sustentable
www.ciercuba.com