Hello,

    I am trying to get a friends installation of Mix W up and running because
we are having difficulty getting HRD / DM 780 IP server to function. MixW will
at least get him going for now.

  But his sound card (motherboard sound card on a Dell laptop) seems to be
considerably "off" when measured by the calibration routine that comes with
MixW 2.18.  And we get about 5-10 hertz of frequency increase on the waterfall
every time we start to receive the incoming portion of the QSO we are in. It
just walks up a little and we have to recapture the line on the waterfall with
the mouse again.  We are running a laptop with plenty of processor, a gig of
ram and Windows XP. I am sure the guy on the other end of the conversation
finds this even more annoying than we do.

   I find this waterfall behavior to be a little strange.  Is it related to the
sound card sampling being a rate significantly different than 11025 hertz - we
sampled TX at about 10700, receive was much closer at around 11000?

Rick - KH2DF/W5
Bossier City, LA