This does indeed work. I have sent and received photos using fldigi with both
fldigi and DM780 users so those programs do interoperate. fldigi has a
proprietary high-speed picture mode as well.

While we are on the subject I have had no problem receiving photos but all
photos I send are hopelessly slanted. I don't think I have a sound card
calibration problem on transmit because I can work calibration sensitive modes
like MT63-1K-long no problem (indeed four of us had a multi-way, impromptu MT63
QSO just the other day--it was quite remarkable)

Any ideas on how to fix my slanted photos on transmit?

Thanks,

K*B*l*0*0*Q