Hello Simon,

>maybe the MixW developer(s) could add it?
It would be good to include RS ID in Mixw, at least for the Mixw exotic modes
(FSK31 for example).
It could be indicated for the softs not decoding the exotic mode with which
soft it could be decoded. For example, on reception on a (future) FSK31 RS ID
(no RS ID for this mode at present), it could be indicated by Multipsk, DM780,
FLdigi or Pocketdigi that FSK31 could be decoded by Mixw.

This could also be interesting for softs (not being multimode) working on one
particular or several exotic modes. Knowing the mode and the soft to use, it
will permit more experimentation.

My RS ID measures are the following:
* the first RS ID decoding happens at S/N=-18 dB,
* at S/N=-13 dB the RS ID decoding is almost systematic.

Note: Tony measures a lower minimum S/N.

According to the Olivia mode, the minimum S/N for these modes is from - 7 dB to
-14 dB.

>Patrick - how does the RSID sensitivity / robustness compare to Olivia?
So in general, RS ID is more sensitive than Olivia, Contestia or RTTYM.

>Would there be any point in sending the RSID twice?
There are no limitations (in Multipsk, the <RS ID> macro can be sent several
time).

73
Patrick