I'd like to get an idea of what the group thinks an appropriate filter choice
might be for me. I have an IC-746 (non-Pro) which currently has a 250 Hz and a
500 Hz in the 9 Mhz filter slots. I use the 250 Hz filter for CW and the 500 Hz
for PSK31 and RTTY. The 455 Khz filter slot is currently empty.

I use the rig very seldom on SSB, but was thinking of adding the 1.9 Khz SSB
filter in order to close the "barn door" the 746 has when wide open in SSB mode.

Would this filter combination work? Has anyone ever had this filter group in a
746, and with what kind of performance?

Finally, should I look at the usual Icom filters or would I be better off going
to Inrad? The Inrad filters are a bit less expensive. There are a lot more
choices in the Inrad line, but unsure of which one to consider from that group!

Tnx es 73
Dave
KB3MOW