What do you think such a mode would be used for, Bill?

I have increasing doubts about what hams really want with new modes or
capabilities. It does not seem to be improved speeds or accuracy based
on what they actually use, compared to what is actually available right now.

There has to be some purpose for having a higher speeds. Also, there
seems to be no exceptions where a higher speed leads to greatly improved
robustness. Even the fastest modes that can adjust for conditions,
generally revert to a minimal number of  tones, with a good example
being Pactor 3.

How far can you expect an ultra wide bandwidth mode to propagate? We
already have relatively high speed modes that don't even require a ham
license. You are not going to be able to run 192 kHz modes on 2 meters
and lower without some kind of STA here in the U.S. The only interest
might be FSTV. I have done some experimenting on 2.4 GHz with WiFi type
image transmissions from a portable set up to a laptop computer, but it
is not very compelling.