LOGIC TELLS YOU ..... 100 watts SSB is 25 watts FM/PSK and other 100% modes ....

Unless you like changing finals...

--- On Tue, 7/14/09, David <djm...@bigpond.com> wrote:

From: David <djm...@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Digital modes and old husband's tales
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 6:43 AM

Hi Andy...Ill add a quote from the Instruction Manual for the Kenwood TS140S

"While 100 watt transmissions are possible when using short duration
modes such as PACKET continued operation over a long period of time
might cause overheating. We recommend that you reduce the transmitter
power output to 50 watts whenever using one of these modes i.e
PACKET, AMTOR, RTTY, this is easily acomplished thry the use of the
front panel PWR control"

on my homebrew interface i have a pot that i use to set the drive to the
TX so that i read approx 50 watts on the Revex Power meter on the
antenna output.....
was using 65 watts one night on PSK and was told that my signal was
drifting a bit.....the internal fan didnt come on but the heatsink was
awfully warm....have since put 2 computer p/s fans on top of the
heatsink at it runs cooler and no drift on tx....

ok thats my dimes worth hi hi

73 David VK4BDJ