All,

Made my first Contestia contact with Iceland (Gisli TF3G) thanks to RSID. Gisli
mentioned that he heard my CQ and went through several Olivia tone / bandwidth
combinations not knowing I was running Contestia; a close "cousin" to Olivia.

He then realized I was running RSID and finally turned his on which did the
trick. There's no doubt that we would have missed each other without RSID.

It's becoming more popular now that it's available in more programs, but I
still hear many calling without RSID. This usually results in fewer contacts
due to the fact that it's sometimes difficult to figure out what mode is in use
by sight and sound.

RSID is available in Fldigi, Multipsk, HRD/DM780 and soon to be Mixw. We need
to start using it more folks...

Tony -K2MO