Dear andy

As i know the ts 2000 has an if of 12khz so direct wire this to your
soundcard and you can use all sdr soft like winrad, power sdr, etc etc

You can also listen to the drm transmissions on shortwave ...

http://www.arcticpeak.com/radiopages/kenwood_ts-2000_12_khz_if_output.htm

the link to if modification

a friend from me made a small video how to connect power sdr via hamradio
deluxe with the ts2000

so you can control the ts2000 via power sdr

http://www.ham-on-air.de/?p=4152

hope this helps you a bit

greetz

dg9bfc