Was reading up on the netbooks recentlyi, and seems like their speed and
capability are pretty near what normal computers were, just a short few 5-6
years ago , or even less, except for the fact they have no cd/dvd built in.
Also, of course, no db9 connectors, etc.  They do have, though, jacks for an
outboard keyboard, mouse, monitor, and frankly if I had a notebook, I would be
using those here in the house anyway.  But, also the OS can be an iffy
situation.  I noticed, of the three on stock at the local Walmart, one of them
had XP in it (about a month ago- now maybe W7?).  It was only about 50 dollars
less than the cheapest laptop, and given the fact it had no CD reader/writer,
and the laptop did, it would simply make no sense to purchase it, over the
laptop.  Both said the battery hour supply was within about 20 minutes of each
other, land that seems to be a great distinction in prices between the whole
display sitting there, price wise.
Danny Douglas
N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB
All 2 years or more (except Novice). Short stints at:  DA/PA/SU/HZ/7X/DU
CR9/7Y/KH7/5A/GW/GM/F
Pls QSL direct, buro, or LOTW preferred,
I Do not use, but as a courtesy do upload to eQSL for those who do.
Moderator
DXandTALK
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DXandTalk
Digital_modes