obrienaj wrote:
> Member removed.

I'm having to close down my Hotmail account after another Hotmail user,
who I didn't know had been hacked, emailed me and the spammer then
hacked my Hotmail account.

The trouble with Hotmail is that it's an online email system, so you
don't get to preview the messages and, once you've been hacked, all your
contacts then get spammed with what appears to be your address and they,
in turn, then have their address book compromised if they are on Hotmail.

This then results in loads of people suggesting to you that your PC has
been compromised, when it's actually the MSN/Hotmail/Microsoft system
that's been compromised...

All in all, Hotmail is now not worth the hassle to me so I'm abandoning
it once and for all.

Fortunately, this email account is on my PC, so I can detect and spot
the attempts to hack before they get chance to do any damage.

Dave (G0DJA)