kr5tham wrote:
> Thanks Dave, I am using HRD.

 From that I presume you mean DM780?  HRD is the computer control
program, DM780 handles the digital modes TX/RX side...

If you go to Program Options and click on the QSO:Receive tab there is
an option called "Display Distance and Bearing from my locator".  If you
select this and put your locator into the 'locator' setting under Tabs
then, when DM780 detects a valid IARU/Maidenhead locator, it will
calculate and display the distance and bearing and print it in the
received window just after the received IARU/Maidenhead locator.

You can select distance to be displayed in either Miles or kilometres.

Dave (G0DJA)