I do not see anything on my machines that is accessing a serial port. I have
gone through a list on device manager and it started exploring each of the
services one by one. Several minutes ago I installed a program called "Serial
Port Monitor".

The error message that I got from serial port monitor reads "session creation
failed - cannot start monitoring device, COM1. Error messages access is denied
code (0X 5) internal error.

I am going to go back and take a look at my battery backup power supply
disconnect it and leave it disconnected. That was a good suggestion - I am
hoping that it will work.

I wondered if a reset of the FT 1000 would accomplish anything. I get an error
message before the radios turned on I would not think that the error would be
in the radio. I see if I can find a procedure for resetting CPU anyway and give
it a shot.

First off I will disconnect the battery backup and then I will complete going
through the list of services running.

Dick Zseltvay

KC4COP