> Hello -

> I just bought a USB cat control cable for my Yaesu FT-817, and want to
> use it with Fldigi to control my rig.  I installed hamlib, but I don't
> understand how to set it up in Fldigi (there are no radios listed in
> the pull down list).  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You can always try the RigCAT rig control method as Skip suggested.  But
hamlib is also known to work and the library is built into the
executable that you can find on w1hkj.com or berlios.de; you do not need
to build hamlib yourself.

We've been compiling our own copy of hamlib such that it is not affected
by whatever hamlib versions the user may have installed locally, but may
not have applied this on the OS X build machine yet.  Does the pull-down
list become populated when you remove your version of hamlib?  If so,
I'll need to look at our OS X build again.

Stelios, M0GLD.