--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Dave Ackrill <dave.g0...@...> wrote:

> graham787 wrote:
> > Ok John ... EU  500 Khz allocation that  is (appart from SM) most seem to
> > have a  100  Hz tx limit the  Uk has 501>504 with no defined BW appart
> > from the  expected 'dont interfear' and no talking  .. SM allows ssb as
> > well ....
>

> The idea of 'Don't interfere' is understandable, but where does this "Uk
> has 501>504 with no defined BW appart  from the  expected 'dont
> interfere  no talking" come from?
>
> It isn't in the current UK regulations, and it wasn't even in the old
> regulations...
>
> There are no regulations in the UK licence conditions, and there were no
> such regulations in past years, restricting the bandwidth of the
> transmissions within the various Amateur Bands.
>
> You had to keep within the band edge of course, but this limit as stated
> makes no sense and seems to have no basis in any real licence condition
> here in the UK at all...
>
> Dave (G0DJA)

I don't really  see  your point ,

my 500K transmit special research licence states that  all modes except  voice
may be  used , with the  proviso of  no interference  to  other  services and
band  users  ..  which is  exactly  what I stated .. unlike the  specific
beacon permits for  fixed frequency operations , the  UK permit  also
encompassed both normal and  experimental operation with in the  allocation
..enabling uk operators , as  existing armature operators,  to  use the
station  for  two  way  communications

As my  comments  regarding bandwidth are  linked  solely to the  501/504 uk
allocation , once again I am able to  highlight the  difference between the  UK
permits and the later EU versions , with  of  course the  exception of SM .

Now  it is  quite  possible to  transmit  and use the full 3 khz bandwidth  as
was the  case > http://groups.google.com/group/uk500khz/web/zl2afp-psk-sounder
<<  however  to  day  with the  band occupancy , this would be a  little  anti
social as well  as infringing the  permit  conditions  but  85 hz shift rtty ,
500 hz mfsk   three  simultaneous data  transmission using  different modes is
quite  permissible on 500k under the  experimental aspect of the  permit ...
Hence the  original interest in the  narrow  modes compatibly  with the  arq
function of  winmail.fldigi

But you  are quite  right the  uk licence makes no  reference to   mode
bandwidth, band plans etc except  , from memory there  was some definitions
based round the  microwave  allocations but that  may of been  more to  pulse
power levels than pulse shape ?

I suppose the  wide band  data using one  speech channel , is a  bit like
parking  you  motorcycle in a  car  space , it  fits , you  pay for  your
ticket , you pay road  tax so  what's the  problem ?

G ..