John wrote:

> This should easily provide any US amateur plenty of backup to be able to show
> good faith that he is operating within the US FCC rules.

I think that you may be ignoring me John, and possibly for good reasons.

However, and I do hate to be a wet blanket, but your opponents in the
USA are not going to go away just because you want them to.  And I talk
as one who wants ROS to be legal in the USA, as well as everywhere else,
so that we can all use the mode.

Now that some people have it in their heads that ROS is Spread Spectrum
you have an up hill task to persuade them that it isn't.  You now also
have a number of people who have all the ammunition to fire back if you
say to the FCC that this isn't Spread Spectrum, as they've also seen the
same communications on here that I have.

Unfortunately, what we have now is some people who want to stop this
mode of transmission in the USA who seem to have obtained a decree from
a referent power that it is illegal.  Unless you can get a retraction,
or a decree from a higher authority, the Amateur Radio enthusiasts that
wish to stop other Amateur Radio enthusiasts will just report the one
lot of Radio Amateurs to the authorities in the hope that they will stop
that lot of Radio Amateurs from enjoying the bands.

To go back to a Stranger in a Strange Land, you will grok that some of
us wish to hate the others.

Dave (G0DJA)