>From Jose's web site
http://rosmodem.wordpress.com/2010/03/02/fcc-ros-legal-in-usa/
FCC: ROS LEGAL IN USA
By José Alberto Nieto Ros
It ended the controversy about whether ROS is legal in USA or not. For
which they insisted on it was illegal: “A mamarla”

The case you submitted via the FCC has been resolved. The resolution
details for Case ID HD0000001311878 are below.
If you have any questions contact us at (877) 480-3201
Thank You!

Summary* : Request for clarification of ROS Digital Mode
Description* : Some days ago, Timothy J. Lilley got in touch with the
FCC to clarify the legality of the digital mode that I created. This
person gave the FCC without my permission and consent an incorrect and
incomplete documentation, which is inconsistent with the
characteristics of the digital mode.
I attach the technical description of ROS written by its developer and
an audio file for you to judge the legality of ROS in USA.
If it is no longer possible, I take legal action against Timothy J. Lilley.
Sincerely,
Jose Alberto Nieto Ros
Telecommunication Engineer

Solution Details : Dear Mr. Nieto,

As I reported Timothy J. Lilley, the licensee of the station
transmitting the emission is responsible for determining that the
operation of the station complies with the rules.

According to the technical paper and the audio file attached, we
conclude that ROS can not be viewed as Spread Spectrum and it would be
encompassed within the section 97.309 (RTTY and data emissions codes).

FCC Committee will remain outside of any legal action you decide to take.

Should you have any further questions, or need additional information,
please contact the ULS Customer Support Hotline at (877) 480-3201
(877) 480-3201, selecting option 2.
Sincerely,
Agent 3820

<*> Your email settings: