----- Original Message ----
From: "rein...@ix.netcom.com" <rein...@ix.netcom.com>
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, March 9, 2010 11:51:52 PM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: Question for experts

Hi Ralph,

You got me again. Indeed the Commission requires that it has to be intelligent
information, and certainly any ID needs to be made in the English language or
in Morse code, not quite sure about Morse only, or other methods allowed.

One could speak as a member of an Indian tribe as was done in WWII as long as
the the ID was in English, Germans and Japanese had a lot of trouble with
that sort of communication, would that make it perhaps SS if it was done on
the wireless?

If I listen to smears of rattle, many Khz wide below 14.001 or so ,most of the
time one can
hear at the end an Id in CW. When I run WSJT, I ID in CW every couple of
minutes.

Lets say, it were a number of tones, no particular order looks like it, but I
could
down load a piece of nice freeware from the internet and it all became
intelligent info
what then?

73 Rein W6SZ.

The content of the signals and the modulation of the signals are getting
confused.

The tones you are sending out must conform to some type of acceptabel
modulation.  The content does not even have to make sense.  Some examples are ,
you can not transmitt music, but you can send ascii characters.  If music is
converted into ascii data or just a bunch of 1's and 0's and sent and then
reconverted at the receiving end , you have just sent data as far as the FCC
sees it.  In reality you have sent a music file , but not music.  It will
become music when the computer converts the data file back to music.   Another
example is a RTTY picuture or ascii art.  This looks like a random ammount of
numbers and letters.  If you step back and look at the paper comming off a real
teletype machine, you have a picture.  I have sent many of the rtty pix in
years past.