kb2hsh wrote:
> This is little more than a "frequency grab" by Bonnie that would benefit the
> HF-ALE group, I feel, the most.

OK, so I have to ask.... how would it benefit HFLink????

- HFLink already has well established centers of activity in the current
bandplan
- ALE by definition does not lead to frequency "spreading". If anything,
it concentrates activity onto specific frequencies.

So if magically "passed" (unlikely), virtually nothing would change for
HFLink operations.

The only exception to this would be that we would now have a US bandplan
that aligns with a more reasonable international one, which is not the
case now. But it would not increase ALE operations at all, nor change
current centers of activity unless forced to by the new plan.

So tell me again how this benefits ALE ops????? How would it be a
"frequency grab"??????

In return, it does benefit all the other digital modes which are looking
for places to operate, including new modes yet to be defined. That may
not be important to you. But it is to some! What if psk was never able
to stake out a center of activity? Other modes????

As to timing of the submission? You guys are empowering Bonnie way too
much. We just found out about it not too long ago when it was posted in
another group. Bonnie was traveling for a bit, and submitted when she
settled in. No more no less.

It's too easy to villainize people who do not practice your hobby the
way you like, and it weakens the entire hobby!

I'd ask, why did we all just find out about this???? Why was this input
session not pro-actively positioned to the key user groups so they would
have time to comment? Seems to me like the fingers need to point to the
people soliciting input. Reminds me of the "Hitchhiker Guide to the
Universe" where the input sessions for destruction of earth was posted
on Alpha centauri. "But you had time to provide input!!!! No one
replied!!!".

I can tell from most of the responses so far that most did not even read
the proposal, or some of the others floating around. It protects CW, and
that is a key component of Bonnie's position for years. Nowhere that I
see does it restrict CW ops to 15khz!!!!

If this mindset prevailed, we'd still not have SSB, at best using AM &
CW. Or spark! The same "end of the world" arguments took place when SSB
was introduced!

sorry, guys.... but if conspiracy theories are the best we can come up
with, we all lose!

Have fun,

Alan
km4ba