D-Star repeaters provide much better coverage due to the codec (I base this
on one test made which was most impressive). As for technology - this is
part of the Education benefits in Amateur Radio, my interest in radio
resulted in a degree in electronics & mathematics. I listen almost all day
while working on technology.

Anyone can pick up a microphone and talk - so why not go 'down the pub'
instead?

Some believe that Radio Hams should be banned from all emergency situations
in the UK. In countries with a much larger land mass such as the US it's
arguable a different matter but for European countries with a good telecoms
infrastructure?

Simon Brown, HB9DRV
http://sdr-radio.com