John W0JAB wrote: "I Have only been a (ham) since 1968 and still learning.  But
I don't recall all of this happening 10 or more years ago."

I got into amateur radio in 1959, and there were fairly strong disagreements
between AMers and SSBers.

In recent years, there have been disagreements between QROers and QRPers.  Some
high power folks are happy to talk to you until you let slip you are only
running 3 watts, then they drop the QSO fast.

Clearly folks who've had QSOs wiped out by automated HF stations have some
strong feelings about that.

Heck, I've had PSK31 QSOs disrupted by a CW operator coming on frequency,
though narrow filters can help there.

For as long as I've been listening, particularly on 80 meters, there are people
who believe they "own" a frequency and behave that way.

Right now, I see a lot of analog FM VHF/UHF operators quite upset with digital
voice modes like D-Star.  In regions where 2 meter repeater frequencies are
scarce, there's quite a war going on about these new modes.

But all of these are examples of the minority of hams, in my opinion.  Most
hams try to help each other, get along with each other and tolerate those who
are into different facets of this great hobby.

   Jim - K6JM