With this action (or inaction) from Mr ROS and considering all of his
past actions/comments it becomes clear (to me) that he has an agenda and
Hams are being used as beta-testers to help fulfil his ultimate goal.

He has shown several times an unwillingness to embrace "Ham Spirit" and
"Ham Operating Standards".

His Agenda? I suspect it is commercial in nature.

My thoughts.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 11/07/2010 9:17 AM, Dave Wright wrote:

> Just goes to show that he reads the boards and keeps track of what is
> going on.
>
> Now, how easy would it be to program a button to disable the function
> with one toggle in the software?  Very easy!  Then he could open it to
> everyone to decide whether they want the reporting or not.   Since he
> won't allow this, and says take it or leave it, one must truly question
> what else it does or can do.
>
> Dave
> K3DCW
>
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA <group...@vkdxer.com
> <mailto:group...@vkdxer.com>> wrote:
>
>     from his website
>     http://rosmodem.wordpress.com/2010/07/10/ros-and-cluster/
>
>     Jose says...
>
>      > ROS uses a system that send reports to the DX Cluster automatically.
>      >
>      > This is useful to know who are listen you and the  system is done
>     so as not to saturate the cluster (only send some spot).
>      >
>      > If you are not agree with this function that help to the
>     communication, don’t use ROS software.
>
>     Interpret that as you want.
>
>     de Laurie, VK3AMA

>     digitalradio-fullfeatu...@yahoogroups.com