Why hasn't this subject died, like the mode itself? The developer has said he
won't develop it any more, so ROS (the mode) is dead.

The fact that someone wants to take over a website makes no difference unless
the source code for the mode is also handed over so that development can also
continue, including perhaps incorporation of the mode into the open software
like DM780 and Fldigi.

Do you really want to continue promoting a mode which, unless the above occurs,
will always be an "outsider" never able to be given or use its own distinctive
RSID and therefore always the cause of confusion wherever it is used?

We should be glad that it is over and leave it to rest in peace. If ROS proved
anything of interest from a technical point of view, someone else will
eventually develop an alternative, hopefully in an open and non-confrontational
manner.

Julian, G4ILO