Why HamSpots dropped support for ROS.....

After I publicly exposed the ROS Auto-Spotting behaviour, I indicated to
Jose (Mr ROS) that, using the Cluster for auto-spotting wasn't the best
idea, and that I was willing to provide a facility on HamSpots.net for
automated spotting from his software. Similar to the dediacted websites
that currently exist for the other "Reverse-Beacon" networks, WSPR,
JT65, PSK(reporter) and CW(Skimmer). Included in the (free) offer was a
dedicated subdomain ros.hamspots.net

After several emails, it became clear that Mr ROS would not allow any
interaction with "HIS" software (What interaction?? it would be one-way,
ROS->HamSpots) and he would continue to use the existing DX Cluster
network to propagate the ROS Auto-Spots.

I chose to remove the ROS Spotting, Chat & Reporting facilities of
HamSpots.net after that. The only public ROS reporting is purely
statistical.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

PS. ROS Auto-Spot spam is currently 97% of all ROS Cluster spots (7 day
period)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: