I use SCS PTC IIs for years and I am very satisfied with their performance. I
can confirm the excellent performance of Pactor even under very poor conditions
but I don't remember when I have seen the last non-Winlink-transmissions ...
Others might have different experience. I have never used the transceiver
control facility of the PTC II.

If you decide to try DXLab you can use use the following DXLab programs in
combination with the PTC II:

- Commander to control the transceiver
- DXKeeper for logging (not explicitly needed but recommended)
- WinWarbler for communication with the PTC II

There are other programs which belong to DXLab as well but they are not needed
for this specific purpose. For more details please go to

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/

which provides all necessary information.

 To use the PTC II and not the soundcard for PSK and RTTY you have to select
RTTY in WinWarbler (make sure that you have defined the PTC II as your RTTY
modem in WinWarbler's configuration). You can enter all PTC II commands in
WinWarbler's transmit window, i.e. switch between the different modes of the
PTC II which includes PSK31, RTTY, CW, Pactor etc. As to my experience the RTTY
performance of the PTC II is better than the decoding by MMTTY (included in
WinWarbler and several other programs as  RTTY engine). You cannot use the
broad band decoding option of WinWarbler, however, because this would require
the soundcard of your PC to be connected to your transceiver.

73

Juergen, DL8LE